|University Basics for Setting Up Printing and Emailing|
Here are the steps for setting up automatic printing of Notices and reports:
The printids can be anything, but it is recommended to use a convention such as:
2. Setup the PrintIDs in the client:
3. Activate the Print Daemon
The print daemon will need to be running in the background. The Aleph server communicates with the daemon running on your PC. Your daemon tells Aleph that every time it sees a job with that specific printid,
4. Add the printid to print.ini
*Note: DO NOT USE the TAB KEY. Space or use the Arrow key to correctly line up the columns.
Whereas the Print Daemon communicates with Aleph, the print.ini communicates with your PC and tells it what to do with the job.
5. Setup the mail server address if notices will be emailed. You may need to contact your IT dept for this information:
6. Setup the Print Daemon to be automatically activated and Deactivated when the client is open or closed.
*This step is optional, the print daemon could be started manually from the Task Manager. However, it does need to be running in order for the slips to print automatically as they are run from the server.
Setting them to Y tells Aleph to activate the print daemon when any client is opened (circ, cat, ill, etc), and Deactivate it when all of them are closed.