|Creating records for Remote Registration - college to college|
|Purpose & Scope|
All publicly funded Florida colleges and universities signed a Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement in 1998. This grants circulation privileges to any student, staff or faculty at any public Florida college or university. Use the instructions below for college to college reciprocal borrowing. For university patrons, see: KBA-01443-V3Q0
Creating a Patron Record for a Reciprocal Borrower: College to College
The Remote Registration functionality allows college library staff limited access to the patron database of another college. The patron record is checked for delinquencies and select fields of the record are transferred.
To create a patron record for a reciprocal borrower:
Step 1: Copy Global Patron Information from the patron’s original college
1. On the Patrons menu, point to Remote Registration, and then click the patron’s home institution.
2. When prompted, enter the Remote Registration user name and password. Click OK. See below for a list of usernames per institution. Use the default password for your institution). (If you don’t know your password, contact the FLVC help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. The Remote Patron List window will appear. Select a Sort by option. In the Enter Starting Point field, enter the reciprocal borrower’s last name or barcode. Press Enter.
4. A list of patrons will be displayed. Select the correct patron, and then click Select.
5. A Global Check will be performed.
If there is a global block, or if the patron has exceeded the maximum amount of allowable cash owed to the remote library, a message will appear. Click Yes to proceed despite the block, or No to stop the registration process.
If no warning message appears, or if Yes is clicked on the error message, the record will be copied from the remote library to the local patron database.
Step 2: Add Local Patron Information
1. Select the Local Patron Information node. In the upper pane, select the XXX50 line.
2. In the lower pane, click the Local Patron Details tab. Complete the Patron Status and Patron Type fields.
3. Click Get Defaults, and then click Update.
4. Select the Address Information node and verify the contact information.
The record is now ready to use.
Remote registration Usernames. Use the default password for your institution.
Keywords: reciprocal borrowing