Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) allows for a way to electronically exchange order and invoice information between an institution and vendor. EDI Communication in Alma is done via FTP server where the files are kept (EDI file can also be manually imported into Alma). Alma uses the UN/EDIFACT standard for electronic communications for EDI order and invoice information.
The vendor EDI account information is stored in the vendor’s record in Alma, which allows for EDI orders and/or invoicing. EDI order and invoice files are linked to the vendor’s record and available to view from the “Attachments” tab.
Required information for EDI Communication (should be set up with the vendor prior to integration):
- Vendor EDI code
- Vendor EDI type
- S/FTP connection details
- EDI code for your institution- in institution level or in library level
EDI communication in Alma uses the PO or PO line numbers as match points when creating EDI invoicing:
- PO or PO Line numbers are the match points for EDI orders or API new orders
- GOBI EOCR-Plus uses the Gobi Order Key as the match point for EDI invoicing
- PO Line must contain the GOBI order key to match
- The PO or PO Line number search is case-insensitive
Note: Report changes to PO and PO Line numbers to vendors if the vendor matches on the PO or PO Line numbers so they can be updated on the vendor side when e-ordering or API New Orders is not being used.
For additional information and instructions, please see Alma Acquisitions Resource Guide - EDI Invoicing: https://flvc.libguides.com/c.php?g=1156885&p=8448848