|Installing the SUS Aleph v.20 Client|
|How do I download and install the SUS Aleph v.20 client?|
Instructions for Downloading and Installing the Aleph Client
Please be sure to follow all instructions on this page so that the client will not conflict with any other that you may have on your machine or future clients that you may need to install later.
1. Create the folder temp on your Desktop. It is important to download to an empty folder.
2. Download the appropriate client from the clients page at http://fclaweb.fcla.edu/node/110 to the newly created temp folder. The clients on this page are in a secure area of the FCLA server and you will need to login using your Aleph ID and password.
3. Expand the installation file by double clicking the downloaded executable within the temp folder on your Desktop. The file will be expanded into several other files to be used in the installation process.
4. Start the installation of the client by double clicking setup.exe which is one of the newly expanded files in the temp folder.
5. Once the installation program is launched, select stand-alone as the method of installation. Click Next.
6. On the next screen select typical as the installation type. Click Next.
7. You should now be asked to supply a directory name for the installation of the files on your PC. For client management purposes please use the directory name that is supplied. Click Next to proceed.
8. On the next screen you will be asked to provide a name for the “ProgMan Group (program management group). An appropriate name will already be supplied. You should accept this name. Now click the Next button.
9. You should be presented with the Version Check on boot selection option. The box should be checked, accept this choice and continue until the installation program has indicated that you have successfully installed the Aleph client.
10. Once the installation is complete, the Aleph client can be launched by choosing a module by way of the Start button at the bottom left corner of your PC's desktop: Follow this path to open the client
Start/Programs/[ProgManGroup]/[module name] e.g. AL500AM_PROD19 Circulation, etc...