How to set up Aleph Services to run at regular intervals to ensure smooth and efficient workflow in your department.
There are a number of Aleph Services that you may want to run at regular intervals to ensure smooth and efficient workflow in your department. FLVC will recommend many jobs that are necessary to manage specific functionality used at your Library. For others that you would like to have setup, follow these steps:
1. Under Services in any of the client modules, run the desired job.
- Take a look at the Help to find out exactly what the job does, and the meaning of some of the settings (ex. sublibrary, dates, input filename, etc.).
- Fields with * next to them are required.
2. Once you've setup the job with the settings needed to customize it for your needs, run it and check the output when its finished to verify that the output is what you expect.
- FLVC may be able to modify the output (add or remove certain fields, adjust formatting) if it is not exactly what you want, don't hesitate to ask.
3. Submit a case to the HelpDesk to the appropriate queue, and request that the job be setup.
Let us know:
- how often you want the job to be run (daily, multiple times per day, weekly, etc).
- Whether or not you want to have the report automatically printed or print it manually from Task Manager, see Configuring Printing in Aleph for information on setting up printids for automatic printing.
- FLVC staff can look in the client under Admin - Batch Log - Log File to see the "Fixed Params" that will be needed to add the "customized" job you ran to the server in Job_List so that it will automatically run.